June 1, 2008

This Week's Menu

For inspiration for this week's menu, I looked in my fridge to identify a few items that needed to be used up.

The first thing I found was a partially-used jar of red currant jelly. Since I can't remember why I ever bought red currant jelly in the first place, it's probably time to use it up. The second thing I noticed was that I have two containers of horseradish. And the third was a jar of pesto. I've made the chicken cakes and ziti before, but the pork chops are a new one for us. Here's what I came up with:

Spicy Chicken Cakes with Horseradish Aioli
Mashed sweet potatoes
Roasted asparagus

Pan-Seared Pork Chops with Red Currant Sauce
Salad
Rice Pilaf

Baked Ziti with Spinach and Tomatoes
Salad
Bread

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to MPM! I know you will love it here- so many great ideas from others. I love it that you looked in fridge and planned meals around that! That is what I need to work on for myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...