May 20, 2013

Menu of the Week

all pictures via Cooking Light

Garganelli with Asparagus & Pecorino Cheese, Salad
A new favorite asparagus pasta recipe.  As always, the key to a recipe with few ingredients is quality.  I splurged on a nice block of pecorino cheese, and the asparagus is in-season and fresh.  It was yummy.

Black Bean Quesadillas, Corn Salsa, Tortilla Chips and Guacamole
An old favorite that I haven't made as-written in a long time.  I had forgotten how good these are, and I love baking the quesadillas so they're all ready at once.  The boys didn't like the corn salsa, but that's okay.  I did.

Honey Cashew Chicken with Rice
This was a big fat fail.  Well, that's not true.  It's a great recipe, and I enjoyed it very much.  The boys were just cantankerous that night and were not cooperating.  Nathan spent more time in time-out than he did eating dinner.  Some nights, that's just the way it goes.  (Note:  In dishes like these, I use half the meat called for, and I only serve it to Aaron and Kevin.)

Turkey Reubens, Salad/Carrot Sticks
Another old favorite that I haven't made in a while.  I made regular hot turkey and cheese sandwiches for the boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...