July 27, 2008

Savor the Good Moments

The other night, I went out to dinner with a girlfriend. That's right - out to dinner. I was so excited that as soon as K got home, I gave him a kiss and left. I ended up getting to the restaurant early, so I sat at the bar and had a glass of wine. Having a few quiet minutes to myself felt so nice. I took long deep breaths, watched the people around me, and enjoyed the solitude. Then my friend showed up, and we had a lovely dinner. No kids, not even husbands. Just a one-on-one conversation, which was fabulous. (Thanks S!) A reminder that we should savor the happy moments in every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...