July 25, 2008

Joni Mitchell - For Free

Of all the gifts my family gave me, one that I am most grateful for is a strong appreciation and love of music. My mom plays piano, my dad sang in a barbershop quartet, and our family reunions are never complete without several hours of singing around a campfire (special thanks to several talented guitar-playing cousins). I am very thankful to have a lot of music in my life.


I love Joni Mitchell. My mom loves Joni, and she passed down this love to me. Several of her songs, especially the piano songs, still take me back to listening to my mom play them when I was little. This is an example of one of those songs. It's beautiful and sweet. Take a few minutes and give her a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...