July 17, 2008

Everyday Italian

I am not a great cook. I require recipes, and I require recipes that are easy, detailed, and include ingredients that I can find in the grocery store. Pictures are a bonus.

I received this cookbook as a gift (thanks A!), and I love it. I've tried a number of the recipes so far, and they are all great. I just discovered that all of these recipes are available online as well, so if you're interested, check them out: Giada's Recipe Collection

Here are a few of the ones I've tried and enjoyed thus far:

Lemon Spaghetti - Super simple and easy, very yummy. We typically serve with seared scallops, but it serves well on its own.
Pork Loin with Fig and Port Sauce - Impressive enough for company and/or a special occasion. I love this sauce, and any extras are good with chicken as well. Roast some potatoes with it, and serve with a nice bottle of pinot noir.
Penne with Vodka Sauce - Another super easy weeknight dinner. (Lesson Learned: If you choose bottled marinara, just make sure you choose one without chunks - or process it to be smooth. If you have chunky tomatoes, they soak up the vodka, and your sauce may turn out pretty strong.)
Farfalle with Turkey Sausage, Peas, and Mushrooms - Good enough for company. Great flavors and not hard to pull together.
Crunchy Parmesan Chicken Tenders - Kids will love them, too.
Turkey Bolognese - If you don't already have a standard bolognese recipe in your file, give this one a try.

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE giada! i can't wait to check out your favorites!

    xoxo, K

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...