November 28, 2012

Menu of the Week


images (clockwise from top left) via martha stewart, real simple, cooking light, and cooking light


I haven't posted one of these in a while.  I go through phases, as I'm sure we all do.  After a gluttonous holiday, I felt ready to get back to cooking healthy dinners.  These are all recipes we've had before, with the exception of the rigatoni.  I love feeling prepared for dinners.  It just makes the week that much calmer.

Panko-Crusted Fish Sticks, Rice, Corn and Peas
Always a hit.  Coming back from being out of town, we had almost nothing in the fridge.  But I usually have fish and veggies in the freezer, so I was still able to come up with a good dinner.

Quesadillas (finished up the leftover turkey), Yellow Rice, Black Beans
Never fails.  I made Nathan cheese quesadillas, veggie for me, and turkey/cheese for Aaron and Kevin. Easy to please everybody this way.

Rigatoni with Broccoli and Sausage, Salad, Crusty Bread
This was a new one, and it was a definite hit.  Also allows flexibility, which I love.  Nathan doesn't eat much meat in general, so he didn't want the sausage.  He ate lots of pasta and broccoli.  I left the sausage out of mine as well and added some walnuts to it.  Aaron and Kevin ate it all.  

Potato, Leek, and Corn Chowder
The boys are doing well with soups, so I feel like I need to try some more soup recipes.  This is an old one, but it's a good one that's full of veggies.  

Stuffed Shells with Spinach and Ricotta
This is on the menu for the weekend.  Not really sure how it's going to go over.  You'd think it would be a sure thing, but then I thought that about lasagna too.  They may balk at the green, they may think it's too cheesy...you just never know.  But I know I love this dish, so they can deal.

1 comment:

  1. I used to make fish sticks with tuna, it was a Giada recipe. Now I want some!! I've been craving seafood like crazy lately.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...