February 28, 2011

A Few Thoughts on Oscar...

I stayed up way too late watching the Academy Awards.  I always do - I don't know why, but I love it.  A few impressions:  The show was a bit boring this year.  James Franco was a dud - sorry, James, but I expected more.  The dresses were beautiful.  Perhaps a bit plain - there weren't any shockingly outlandish ones that I saw - but nice.  I liked that there seemed to be a lot of vibrant colors.  Natalie Portman was gorgeous.  Halle Berry, as always.  My favorite was Marisa Tomei, although I guess a lot of the experts hated her dress.  I loved her hair.  I loved Cate Blanchett's hair too.  I love Colin Firth more every time I hear him speak.  I am amazed by how talented Christian Bale is when I hear him speak - I don't think I had ever heard him talk in his own voice before this year.  It's even more shocking than when Hugh Laurie stops being House.  I'll say it again - Sandra Bullock is flawless.  Robert Downey Jr is someone else that I love a little more every time I see him.  Has there ever been a more gorgeous pair of presenters than Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law?

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous1.3.11

    I'm totally with you on Colin Firth's voice - OMG I could listen to him forever....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was with you until Marissa! I did not like her dress at all! Otherwise....I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I'm not sure why I loved her look - Looking back, I can see why others didn't like the dress. She just seemed so happy and comfortable in it, and it fit her so well. Her hair and makeup and jewelry was perfect too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...