February 23, 2011

Slippers, Love, and Guacamole


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  Warm, comfy slippers.   In February in New England, the most beautiful things are the ones that either keep me warm or remind me of warm days to come.  I adore my slippers - I've never had a nice pair before, ones that may last more than a year.  They were my Christmas present to myself.  Every day when I get home, it's so much nicer to slip off my boots when I know I have toasty warm slippers to put on.

2.  "I Love You"s.  My little boy is adding more and more words to his vocabulary.  Lately he likes to say "bye-bye" and wave and leave the room.  I respond with "bye-bye, I love you, I'll miss you", and he smiles big smiles and says "I Love".  And then comes to get kisses and to say bye-bye all over again.  Ah, my heart bursts with love.

3.  Homemade guacamole.  Yum.  My boys won't eat plain avocados, but they love my guacamole.  So do I.  I have a few new avocados on my kitchen window sill, and I'm anticipating the weekend, when they are soft enough to make some more.

6 comments:

  1. That is such a pretty quote and I also love homemade guacamole:) Yum
    Kisses, my dear

    ReplyDelete
  2. aw, what a lovely post about three things that are definitely beautiful. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. few things beat homemade quac. for our wedding i registered for this volcanic rock mortar and pestel, just for gauc. use it all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. just came across your blog! It's great! and I LOVE homemade quac- so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blog! I love this pic!
    Follow me? I'll be very happy if you do it!
    Thank you so much!

    www.cipollainspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous1.3.11

    Ooooo that post made me want to go out and buy some comfy slippers....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...