February 22, 2011

Weekend Recap

We had a nice long weekend at home.  It was one of those where we managed to achieve that balance I always strive for on the weekends.  We had lots of time to play at home with the boys, we spent time with friends, we went out on a date, and we were visited by family.  I know I've said it before, but if only all weekends could be three days, I'd be able to find this lovely balance every time!  
We stayed up too late playing games with my sister-in-law and her husband - lots of laughing and plenty of competition, and we all went out to eat the following morning.  The boys adore them, and they like going out to eat too.  It was one less meal for me to plan and prepare and clean up after, which is what I appreciate. 

My husband and I went to see a concert Saturday night.  We saw The Civil Wars, and they were amazing.  Seriously.  If you like indie, folk, or alternative music, or if you appreciate harmonies, you should check them out.  It was an awesome show, and we had a great time.  It made me realize how much I miss seeing live music.  I need to figure out how to do it more often. 
As usual, there was time spent at home, with the boys playing, me cooking, and my husband doing projects.  I also lost my voice!  Do you know how difficult it is to be a mom of two small boys without a voice?  Well, let me tell you - it's hard. 

We did also manage to get outside, but although it was above freezing for several days last week and quite a lot of snow melted, the yard is still covered in a very thick blanket of icy snow.  It makes it challenging to get out for very long.  I am eagerly anticipating next month's trip down to where the azaleas will be blooming...

3 comments:

  1. why aren't weekends three days??!!

    Sounds like a lovely weekend Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've got to get on the civil wars bandwagon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i JUST heard of the civil wars and now i'm seeing them everywhere. i love it! (and i love that last picture, so pretty)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...