February 16, 2011

Tulips, Stretching, and Warm Chocolate Cake

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  Tulips on the dining room table.  I'm enjoying them rather than obsessing about the fact that the bulbs I planted are still under three feet of snow.  Well, I'm trying, anyway...  I think I'd truly be okay with Winter if the snow banks weren't still taller than me.

2.  The first stretch in the morning, when I still have a few minutes to lie in bed and prepare to start the day.   Especially when I've been good, eating right and exercising, it feels so good to stretch and appreciate my body.

3.  Warm chocolate cake.  To show her appreciation for the chicken noodle soup I shared with her last week, my neighbor returned my dish filled with fresh-from-the-oven chocolate cake.  Complete with a gooey center.  It absolutely hit the spot.

5 comments:

  1. This morning I was walking by my favourite flowers shop and I had to get some of their yellow tulips...I love those flowers so much:) Have a great day
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  2. stretching first thing in the morning is by far one of my favorite parts of the day. It feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm hungry for chocolate cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous16.2.11

    Oh God...why can't I have a neighbour likes yours....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely little series. Warm chocolate cake is a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...