August 7, 2008

Send a Card to Someone You Miss

There's nothing quite like getting a piece of personal mail, is there? In the midst of spam, online subscriptions, and ads, even a personal email is something special these days. But it still doesn't compare to getting a real, hand-written letter in the mail. Admit it, when you pull your mail out of the mailbox, and you flip through the bills and the junk mail, you are hoping there's a little something with your hand-written name on it. Right? And when you actually get one, it instantly puts a smile on your face.

This is your reminder that sending letters is just as much fun as receiving them. It makes me so happy to send notes to my friends. I have a lot of friends and family that live far away from me, and I've been trying to do better about keeping in touch. I've been doing better at emails and even a few phone calls, but I'm going to start my letter campaign soon. I know it will put a smile on my face as well as theirs.

*Check out the orangebeautiful etsy shop for the notecards pictured above.

3 comments:

  1. I really need to start doing this. I am terrible at sending cards, which is funny since I make them! Okay, I promise I'm going to go home tonight and write a card (or two) to someone I love. I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11.8.08

    Meri said...

    I write hand-written cards for birthdays to friends. I think a phone call can be a good substitute too, but an e-mail or a message on the mobile just won't do, at least not for me.

    Hand-written letters are luxury. Writing it or receiving it, both... There is nothing like an envelope with stamps and pages with hand-writing in the mail box.
    Want one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update: I just put two cards in the mail, and I have two more planned for this evening. Even the small act of putting stamps on the envelopes makes me smile. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...