August 27, 2008

Dad's Macaroni Salad

I love my dad's macaroni salad. I could eat bowls and bowls of it. I made it for last weekend's barbecue. As I was making it, K said "ooh, I'm looking forward to eating that - I love the green olives". I don't know why I don't make it more often.

I always have to call my sister for instructions, but I think I have it down now. You can play with the measurements to suit your tastes, but here are the ingredients:



1 lb cooked macaroni noodles
1 can tuna
2-4 celery stalks, chopped finely
vidalia onion, chopped finely (about half an onion - maybe 1/4 to 1/2 cup? and you can use regular onion if you want, but you may want to use a little less in that case)
3-5 oz (maybe 1/2 cup?) green olives (stuffed or unstuffed - I prefer stuffed, and the more the better!)
enough mayo to make it gooey
pepper and garlic salt to taste

*image provided by http://www.hellmans.com/

3 comments:

  1. I found you via the comments at Real Simple and I must compliment you on this blog. It makes me feel happy reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really do this for myself, but it's so nice when someone else appreciates it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous28.8.08

    Yay for Dad's mac salad! I'm so glad you appreciate it as much as I do. Seems like Dad HAS to be happy that we remember him this way. Just thinking about a big bowl of it makes me smile & think about happy days at the Lake. I love you sis! Keep making it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...