August 26, 2008

Photo Collage

We've completed the construction and painting of quite a few rooms in the house so far, so we've been ready to hang some pictures or other decorations on the walls. I have such a hard time trying to decide. The little boy still doesn't have a single thing hanging in his room, even though it was done before he was born! Oh how I wish I had that decorating gene!

I'm starting to come up with some ideas, though. My most recent focus has been the front entryway. When you walk in the house, you are at the foot of our stairs. I've always wanted to have a photo collage on the wall going up the staircase.

It took me a while, and it was a bigger project than I thought it would be. Some of the steps included: finding and buying black frames of different sizes and styles (harder than it sounds!), deciding on color vs. black & white, choosing pictures and sizes, ordering prints, measuring placement on the wall (TIP: I taped paper to the wall to play around with the arrangement before putting holes in the walls), putting up the hooks, and finally hanging up the pictures. I also had to do some problem-solving like removing the easels from a couple frames and adding wire to difficult-to-hang frames. Whew! But now it's done, and I couldn't be happier!

What do you think?

Other resources: Here's a post from Real Simple that contains other ideas for displaying photos.

Post on Design FormulA blog with instructions for making a picture wall collage.

1 comment:

  1. I love the photo collage! I have been wanting to do this for so long and just haven't done it. I did frame and mat some pictures I had done with Luke and that was alot of work, so I know yours was!! Very nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...