July 16, 2013

A Few Things...

What I want to be doing right now...via Spell and the Gypsy Collective

My funk is lifting.  I'm sweltering in the sticky heat, but my homemade lemon-limeade is the perfect antidote.  I'm sticking to old standbys for dinner, including sauteed zucchini from the garden.  (Do I talk about the garden too much?  Well this is the best year I've ever had, so I'm excited.  Forgive me.)  And as I look out at the next month, our calendar is full of camps, get-togethers with friends, trips to the beach, to the music festival, and to the lake.  I'm still exercising every morning and physically feeling really good (which is a good way to be during bikini season!).

As the sweat drips down my face, I thought I'd share a few things I've come across and enjoyed recently.

Pro Surfer Israel Paskowitz Uses His Unique Expertise to Help Autistic Children.  I thought this was pretty cool.

Beautiful paintings by a gorgeous and talented little girl.  Seriously stunning watercolors created by a little girl with autism.  I think one of these would look lovely in a nursery.

A Pretty Good Summer Music Mix.

I loved this.  Matt Harvey is a pitcher for the New York Mets, and he is starting tonight's All-Star game.  He took to the streets of New York, asking people questions about Matt Harvey.  It's hysterical.

I am thinking this Summer Vegetable Frittata would be another good use of fresh Summer veggies.

I loved this list...the Best of Summer Awards from Dinner: A Love Story.  Eggs, tomato sandwiches, smoothies, Kurt Vile...there is much to love.

Aaron checked out a book called Who's on First, based on the Abbott & Costello routine.  He thought it was hysterical, and we've read it every night this week.  I introduced him to the real Abbott & Costello via YouTube, and I think he could've watched all day.  It's worth watching again...Who's on First?

2 comments:

  1. Its good to hear your funk is fading. I was just reading your Dog Days post - I too wake in the night worried and turning over and over in my head something that hasn't gone well during the day. I used to keep a note pad and pencil by my bedside to write all those niggling things down on befoer I went to bed and try to clear my head.

    Hope the zucchini were good and that all the fun things planned for the summer days keep lifting the funk for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those paintings are pretty amazing.

    And summer food really is the best. I've been making frittatas a lot lately! Sooo good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...