July 29, 2010

Things I've Learned


This is by no means a comprehensive list.  I expect I'll do a post like this every now and then to capture some of the things I've learned so far in my life.  The big and the little.  The serious and the silly.  Here are ten:
  1. Being optimistic is way more fun than being pessimistic
  2. Flip-flops are comfortable, as long as you avoid the super cheap ones
  3. Being happy truly is a choice, and it must be made every day
  4. Frozen blueberries or popsicles are a good way to treat a toddler's fat lip
  5. I must have a few moments of silence every day, or super-cranky Mary appears (and she is not very nice).  Sleep helps too, but alone-time is even more important.
  6. Smiling and looking people in the eye are nice habits to have
  7. It's worth spending 10 seconds to make the bed every morning
  8. Always get a reference before hiring an HVAC company (same goes for plumbers, electricians, and other repairmen)
  9. It's easier to manage laundry by keeping the kids' clothes separate from ours
  10. I love blogging.  Even when I don't have much to say, the focus on positives and inspiring beautiful things is wonderful. 

5 comments:

  1. great post! i'm gonna try that laundry tip. i love you blogging too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on board with you....I always try to be positive:) Its much better that way and I always make my bed because I love the feeling of it:)

    Kisses,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for this post. lots of great reminders.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list!

    I am going to add you to my Boston blog roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list, i esp loved #1!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...