July 7, 2010

I'm an Addict


Some people buy shoes.  I buy books.  (And music, but that's another topic entirely.)  I'm not even sure when I'm going to have the time to read them all, and yet they keep piling up on me.  It seems like a lot of authors that I've read before are coming out with books this year:  Ian McEwan, David Mitchell, Audrey Niffenegger, Yann Martel...  It's not helping my addiction.

Currently I'm reading The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.  It takes a little while to get into, because it's set in Sweden, so I'm not familiar with the names and places.  But now I'm hooked.  It's a thriller/intrigue/mystery novel, which is perhaps a little different from what I typically like.  There are two more in the series, and I just placed my order, which means it will be a while before I can dive into this pile on my nightstand.  It's a good thing there's no TV to watch in the summer.  I'll just continue to head to bed early and read.

What's on your nightstand?

2 comments:

  1. I am fishing for a few new books to read ....I really enjoy it...Its so relaxing and gets me in such a great space:)
    Have a wonderful day,sweetie

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just finished let the great world spin (as you know, yay!)--next on my list is the brief wondrous life of oscar wao, by junot diaz, then the new david mitchell.

    hooray for books!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...