July 21, 2010

House Update and Bedroom Inspiration


We don't have any big house projects going on at the moment.  Which, I must say, feels nice but a little strange.  We definitely still have a lot of work left to do.  We do have a painter coming in the next few weeks to finish up some painting around our new (last year) windows.  This will enable us to put the shutters back on the house.  We took them off so long ago that I forget how the house looks with them on.  We also did have a bunch of HVAC work done, which is not exciting at all but will be nice in the winter and should help us save on our heating bills.  So I guess we are continuing to move forward, but I want to do some small update to the interior this year.  I'm thinking our bedroom.  A new duvet at least.  Perhaps a chair - I really want a chair, but finding one seems to be impossible.  Sigh.  

So, since I don't have a house project to work on at the moment, I figured I'd continue to gather inspiration online.  Focusing on bedrooms, here are some that appeal to me for various reasons.  I am not proposing them for my own room necessarily, and they are all very different; but I like the calm feel they inspire, and I want to figure out how to make that happen in our own space.  I have a bunch gathered, so I'll probably share in a few posts. 







Sources:  1, 2, 3, 4

2 comments:

  1. The first image is perfect! Calming and relaxing exacly what bedroom should be...right?
    Hope you are having a fantastic day,sweetie and see you soon:)

    ps: I am hosting a great GIVEAWAY, so please join in:) ...I bet you will love it!!!( someting for home )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep - that first one is my favorite. And I already entered your giveaway -thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...