June 30, 2010

Discover the Cosmos!



When I was little, I wanted to be an astronomer.  Actually, I wanted to be an astronaut, but some things happened pretty early that convinced me that wasn't going to happen.  Namely, the Challenger explosion and my recognition of the fact that I have bad motion sickness.  However, that didn't stop me from loving the stars.

NASA has a cool site called Astronomy Picture of the Day, which is exactly what it sounds like. A cool picture of the sky, along with an astronomer's description.  Super cool to be able to look up at the gorgeous sky and give names to the stars and clouds and moons and planets.  Looking up at a night sky filled with stars still makes me feel like a little kid in awe of the universe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...