September 26, 2011

Weekend Recap and Goals


Hot and sticky.  Certainly not what you'd expect from a September weekend in New England, and yet that's what it was.  Kind of gross, actually, but at least we were able to get outside and play.  We didn't have any plans, so it was pretty low-key.  Just the way I like it.  A few highlights...

*Puddle-stomping - I've grown to accept it. 
*We watched Bridesmaids on Saturday night.  After so many recommendations by friends and positive reviews about it being the "funniest movie of the year", I was a little worried that it wouldn't meet expectations, especially when it started off a little slow.  Thankfully, it delivered.  Giggling now just thinking about it...
*We went out to dinner on Saturday.  The boys were well-behaved, enough to garner a compliment from the lady at the table next to us.  "Well done", she said to me.  So nice. 
*I love watching my boys ride bikes (well, my big boy riding his bike - my little one still enjoys being pushed). 
*While my husband and son attended a birthday party on Sunday afternoon, I enjoyed some quiet time.  I was doing laundry and dishes and cooking, so it wasn't exactly relaxed, but it's a lot easier to get things done when I'm on my own.  Then my little boy woke up and we played. 

And now some goals:
1.  More sleep.  I haven't been sleeping well, and I think I may be getting a cold or fighting allergies or something.  My body needs some rest.
2.  Decide on my halloween costume and get the necessary supplies.  I'm narrowing it down, but I'm still nervous about it.  Gah!  I hate the pressure!
3.  Start my new book.
4.  Organize a closet.  Every single one of my closets needs some attention.  Let's see how long it takes for me to tackle one.
5.  Take those ten minutes every day to quiet my mind.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I like your goals, especially the last one. How'd today go?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meanwhile I can't wait for the weather to warm up here! :) We have goals (1) and (4) in common ... well, (5) too, but I don't like my chances!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about completing tasks when you're on your own. It seems like every time E goes overnite to her grandparents I just want to clean.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...