September 14, 2011

Wedding Memories, Golden Delicious Apples, and Bedtime


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  My wedding day was nine years ago today.  It was a glorious September day.  All my friends and family gathered, we enjoyed a very quick ceremony, and then the celebration began.  We danced and drank and laughed and cried and hugged and kissed and danced some more.  It was a very good day.

2.  We picked apples at the farm last weekend.  Several varieties were ripe, but we chose golden delicious.  My big boy loves them and keeps asking, "Mom, can I have another delicious apple?" 

3.  Lately, my boys have been sitting together on a chair while I read stories at bedtime.  Sometimes quietly, often not.  Still, it's one of those moments I want to freeze in my mind.  Then when I put my little guy in his crib, Aaron climbs up the side and asks, "Can I give you a hug and a kiss night-night?"  Nathan stands up and they hug and kiss, and my cheeks hurt from smiling.

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Mary! Happy anniversary to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!!

    And a very beautiful post indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. probably some hormones too but your post was so sweet I started to cry. Happy anniversary! It was truly a wonderful wedding and celebration. Love you guys and miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy 9! great post! you two are a good pair. celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ps - google tells me pottery is the traditional gift for 9...i think you should go out to dinner and make out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous15.9.11

    Such a beautiful list! Adding so many of these inspiring words to my computer's desktop post-its!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! We're coming up on eight years in October. Hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy anniversary!!! 9 years - that's fantastic, and I bet you can still remember every detail like it was just yesterday.

    Reading about your boys and living with wee ones makes me want to pause everything so I can just keep them this way a little bit longer. We have been sharing lots of "bear hugs" and "bee kisses" lately, and my heart swells just a little bigger each time.

    Thanks for always writing such nice notes to me, Mary. I love our blogging 'friendship'!
    xo, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everybody! What happy and sweet comments!

    Sara....I was thinking the same thing. Saturday night. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I hope you had a good wedding anniversary!

    2. Apples ARE delicious. :]

    3. Things like this make me think twice about our decision to forgo having anymore children. :[

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...