September 28, 2011

Falling Leaves, Pink Lips, and Dance Parties

picture by Katy Elliott

Can I be honest?  Of course I can - it's my blog, after all, and you are all such gracious readers.  Well, let me just say that there are some weeks when it can be more difficult than you'd think to come up with these beautiful things.  It shouldn't be - there is such beauty everywhere, but sometimes it's harder to see.  Like this week.  I'm not feeling well...like I'm walking around in a daze.  As I've said before, though, these are the weeks when it helps me the most.

This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1.  I am standing at the kitchen sink, and I see leaves gracefully falling from the maple trees into the yard.  There is a clear blue sky in the background, and I can just see the river across the street.  The foliage is not in full effect yet, but the smaller trees are turning yellow.  The forecast indicates a break in the weather, and it looks like we're in store for a more Fall-like chilly weekend.  Have I mentioned my love of Fall?

2.  I pass by a mirror (why? they're unavoidable sometimes) and notice I'm looking a bit bleak.  I put on some Burt's Bee's tinted lip moisturizer.  I love that smell and the color.  I look up at myself again.  Yes - much better.

3.  Last night, after dinner, the boys are quietly playing when I notice a dispute about to begin (one of them wants the other one's airplane).  I turn up the music and start dancing.  They both stop what they're doing, jump up and join me.  An impromptu dance party that leaves me breathless and laughing.

3 comments:

  1. Your so right about lips, as I dashed off to walk the dog and then cycle my little girl to school I forgot my very muted Channel lipstick, when I was shopping and glanced in a window I looked warn out. Applied a bit of 'lippy' = much better.

    Leaves falling and dancing with my children are also wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lipgloss goes such a long way. i never appreciated as much before becoming a mom. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. number three made me misty.

    you're a good mom. xoxo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...