August 15, 2011

Weekend Recap


Another quiet weekend at home.  We kept it pretty low-key on purpose, preparing ourselves for our upcoming trip (TOMORROW!).  We went to the farmer's market, picking up just a few things to enjoy over the weekend.  We went to the farm, where we played and picked up some apples and peaches.  It was a gorgeous day, so there was a lot of bike riding.  On Sunday, it was cloudy and dreary and drizzly.  When the rain wasn't coming down, the boys did manage to get outside, and there was more bike riding.  Also lots of hanging out on the porch - have I mentioned how much I love having a front porch?  Really it's one of my favorite spots in my house.  It's so nice to be able to be outside even when the weather isn't cooperating. 

A few other highlights:
1.  My big boy really loves his bike.  He still has training wheels on, since the bike is just a tad too big for him, but he's getting more and more comfortable.  He's going pretty fast now.  Next summer is going to be a lot of fun.
2.  We ate dinner outside on Saturday.  The weather was perfect, and we had a great dinner with burgers, cherry tomato/mozzarella/basil salad, and potatoes and onions.  The boys were a nightmare - all of a sudden they can't sit still during a meal - but the meal itself was good.  (Fingers crossed that the excitement of Italy will entice them to behave a bit better while we're eating in restaurants.)
3.  The boys "slept in" both days.  On Saturday morning, I didn't wake up until 7:45!  (Oh, I do remember the days when that was waking up early on a weekend, but these days that is a very long sleep.)
4.  Sunday afternoon:  the little boy napping, the big boy riding his bike, and me, sitting on the front porch enjoying my book.  Awesome. 
5.  Packing, packing, packing.  Printing itineraries, and making lists, and putting things in piles...  Stressing out about little things and then having my husband or sister calm me down about them.  It's so much fun preparing for a trip!

Goals for the week:
1.  Pack.  Don't forget anything (important).
2.  Fly to Italy.
3.  Have fun!

Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. sounds like a great weekend to me, Mary!

    Hope the packing goes great... Can't wait to see all of your photos of Italy. And hear all about your trip! enjoy.xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always laugh at how anything past 7am in our house is referred to as "sleeping in." I hope you guys have a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it. :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have an AMAZING, AMAZING trip!!!

    But, how could you NOT in Italy???

    (...my dream destination... someday!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. italy!!!! ciao bella! enjoy! can't wait for trip details! have some gelato for me!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you have a completely amazing trip to Italy!!! Can't wait to hear about it.

    Oh and I have so many daydreams about having a front porch! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...