August 5, 2011

The David Wax Museum - Born with a Broken Heart


One of the discoveries I made during the Newport Folk Festival was The David Wax Museum.  I had heard of them before, but I hadn't spent time with their music.  David Wax and Suz Slezak formed the band in Boston.  The music is eclectic, with a blend of Mexican roots and country folk music.  I was especially drawn to them when I watched their concert, because they absolutely emanate joy when they are performing.  They are a band that I'm sure is best appreciated live, so check out the links below to some live performances.  That said, I'm really enjoying their latest CD, entitled Everything is Saved.  

Link to their Tiny Desk concert on NPR.

Here they are performing on The Mountain Stage on NPR.

Listen to their concert at the Newport Folk Festival

Photo by Erik Jacobs, Anthem Multimedia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...