August 16, 2011

Menu of the Week

Left image from Cooking Light, Right image by me

Corn, Potato and Leek Chowder - I am not a huge fan of cooked celery, so I replaced it with summer squash.  A great chowder made entirely of fresh, local, farmer's market produce.  This was really good, and perfect for a cool and rainy summer day.  I was pleasantly surprised to see my big boy finish his entire bowl! 

Fish Tacos - I just cooked a variety of taco fillings so that we could each assemble as desired: cod, black beans, saffron rice, sauteed zucchini/squash/onion, and monterey jack. My little boy eats a ton of this, especially with a little sour cream and salsa on top.

Summer Ziti - This recipe from my Mom gets made at least once every August.  There really is no better smell in the world than the combination of fresh tomatoes, peppers, basil, and garlic. 

Pierogies, cinnamon apples, broccoli - Can you tell this is a Monday night meal?  I prepared the cinnamon apples on Sunday, so they were already ready to go.  I sauteed the pierogies with a little butter and an onion.  Served with broccoli and cheese.  Voila.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary :)

    Glad you are enjoying my Q&A's :) if you would like to do a guest blog for me while I am away, I'd love to have you answer them over at mine!! Want to?!

    If you do - and very possibly you are way too busy & actually don't want to, - I can email you the questions, give you guest access to my blog & you can write it up there. I have guest posts booked up until Aug 29. You can add some photos if you want to.

    Send me a message at my blog if would like to do it, I'd love you to say yes :)

    Hope your summer is going well :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are going to Italy, doh!! Sorry, blame too much sun for me today!!
    I shall ask you next time :)

    Have a wonderful trip, hope it's everything you want it to be....how could it not be, it's Italy!! Safe travels X

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...