October 4, 2010

Weekend Recap - Vermont



Ahhh.  What a beautiful, wonderful weekend.  Thanks again to my mom for making it possible.  Enjoy a  taste of our experience via a few pictures and a five senses post:

See
- Gorgeous foliage.  Still a little before peak, but as we drove south back home, we could watch the colors change from reds and oranges back to yellows and greens.  So lovely.
- A moose!  I had never seen a moose before, and there one was, just happily trotting through a B&B parking lot, on its way back out to the woods.  Beautiful creature, and enormous!  My gosh it was huge.  Very cool to see. 
- My husband in a robe at the spa, so happy he wasn't the only man there.  (We splurged on massages, and it was worth every penny!)
Hear
- Lots of little kids, reminding me of my own back at home.  But I knew they were having fun with their "mema", and we were having fun being on our own.
- Rustling leaves under our feet
Touch
- A comfy armchair we picked up at a yard sale.  We'd been looking for one for a while now, and it's so fun to find a good one at a bargain price
- Super fun old-school toys at the Vermont country store.  We are almost done Christmas shopping. 
Smell
- There's not much better than the smell of lit fireplaces and fallen leaves
- All the wonderful smells coming from the food tents at the Craft Fair.  Every type you can imagine.
Taste
- Otter Creek Copper Ale
- Cider doughnuts
- Coffee brownie ice cream
- A roasted artichoke sandwich.  Veggie burrito.  Everything is fresh and local.  The cheese in particular stood out.

4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ♫ Ah Yes! I remember it well... ♫ :-) I'm so glad you had a good time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh ...perfect! Glad you had a wonderful time:)
    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aaahhhh! I almost feel like I was there with you reading your blog and seeing those pics. Gorgeous! So glad you had a good time. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...