October 26, 2010

Menu of the Week

Here's a bit of what I've been cooking lately...

Turkey Burgers with Zucchini and Carrot, Waffle Fries, Salad
*My sons and I really enjoyed these.  My meat-loving husband asked, accusingly, "Is this a veggie burger?", so perhaps it wasn't his favorite.  Very easy to make, though, and so much more moist than your typical turkey burger.  Plus the obvious bonus of reducing meat and eating more veggies.  We topped ours with cheddar and served on potato buns.  

Pork Chops, Cinnamon Apples, Salad

Creamy Fettuccine with Peas and Ham, Salad
*One of the all-time most kid-friendly meals I make.  Super easy and my husband and I like it too!

Baked Haddock, Roasted Potatoes/Portobello/Onions, Asparagus

Extras:
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
*Note to self:  Cooking Light is wonderful and has tons of great recipes, but I should steer clear of the cookies.  Trying to make them "light" means dry cookies.  I've had some winners, but for the most part, I've been disappointed.  Since I can afford a few extra calories and only rarely splurge on cookies, I should stick to the full-fat, full-calorie, full-sugar versions.  These got great reviews, so perhaps I just cooked them a bit too long?  Regardless, I was a bit disappointed. 

Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
*This is a great recipe.  Perfect for using up that one last zucchini in the fridge.  Perfect for keeping the big boy entertained on a dreary and cool Sunday afternoon.  Perfect for a sweet and yet not indulgent (even healthy!) breakfast.  The big boy loves this and was so excited to have it for breakfast with a big cup of cold milk and some strawberries.

1 comment:

  1. Such a yummy post! The Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies really sound great! I need to try them. Have a lovely Tuesday
    Kisses,Mary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...