April 22, 2010

A Look Back: March/April 2009

*I still enjoy a good tickle session. 

Now that I've been blogging for a while, I sometimes enjoy taking a look back at what I was writing about the previous year.  It's especially fun to look at how my family has grown, but it's also interesting to see how I tend to go through the same cycles in terms of focusing on the best parts of each season.  Here's a bit of what I was posting about last Spring:

A post from The Happiness Project regarding Lighthearted Parenting - Good reminders to read again.  I'm finding that the terrible twos weren't so bad, but three is more of a challenge for me.  I have to remind myself to stay calm and maintain a lighthearted approach to momming.  


"Your toddler will do what they need to do, and not necessarily what you say. If you're patient, then they will be patient. If you speak gently, then they will be gentle. Whatever you want them to be, you have to start becoming." -Helen Hunt
Perception is Reality?  A reminder that what you read and see on people's blogs is a reflection of their very best.  It doesn't illustrate the real, sometimes ugly, truth.  I still sometimes catch myself in the comparison trap.  It's natural.  But I fight it with all I've got.

Organizing Projects - A great list of things to do.  In fact, I need to do a lot of them again.  I should probably come up with this year's list.  You guys help keep me honest.  


I Love Boston - This describes reason #8:  Seasons.  

Big-boy Room - Wow, was it only a year ago that the big boy moved into his new room?  Feels like forever.

Belly Shot - Also crazy to think that I was this pregnant just a year ago.  It's now hard to imagine life without the little boy.  
*These lovely flowers are currently in bloom, and they make the front of our house look so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...