April 26, 2010

Menu of the Week

*Image from Cooking Light


Here's a bit of what I'm cooking this week:

Chicken and Vegetable Curry - One of my go-to meals when I need to clean out the fridge.  Cut up some chicken and whatever vegetables you have on hand (This week I had a red pepper, potato, onion, snap peas, and carrot), cook in a skillet for a few minutes until chicken is browned (or leave chicken out to go vegetarian), stir in 3-4 tablespoons of curry paste, then a can of coconut milk.  Bring to boil, then turn down heat and simmer for 25 minutes.  Serve over rice.  So easy and so yum. 

Spinach and Ricotta-Stuffed Shells - This is a little high-maintenance for me, but it makes a lot.  I cooked enough last night to have leftovers one other night this week, and I also froze half of the assembled shells, so I'll have another dinner or two in the freezer!  It's worth the effort to get 3-4 meals. 

Fish Tacos, Cabbage Slaw, Black Beans - This is a frequent request of my husband, so I thought it'd be a good choice for his birthday. 

1 comment:

  1. Fish Tacos AND Spinach/Ricotta Shells?! What an awesome week of food :)

    Thanks for the comment -- your blog is so fun and spunky!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...