February 26, 2009

Singing, Salsa, and Hope for Spring


This week's Three Beautiful Things:

1. The little boy serenaded me all the way home. The song list included the ABC's, Baa Baa Black Sheep, Good Morning Friends How are You?, She'll be Coming Round the Mountain, and Mary had a Little Lamb. He even started the ABC's in Spanish but gave up halfway through - he's not as confident with that one yet, but he's getting there. Maybe he'll continue to enjoy singing as much as I do.

2. I pulled out a forgotten jar of Salsa Verde to serve with our enchiladas. It hit exactly the right spot.

3. There is still quite a bit of snow on the ground, and it's still February in New England, so it's cold. But! Enough of the snow has melted so that I can see some grass. And Spring Training has begun. I'm going to buy myself some more tulips this weekend, to remind me of all those tulip bulbs we planted in the Fall. I love these hopeful signs that Spring will one day arrive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...