April 26, 2010

Happy Weekend


I had another one of those weeks last week.  The little boy got sick, then I got sick, then the big boy got sick.  The dishwasher broke.  And I won't even begin to tell you what's going on at work.  Not a good week.  And yet, as I was driving to preschool on Friday to pick up my sick boy, I felt happy.  Content.  The sunshine and the good music and the wind in my hair...that all helped.  But I think I just recognized that the annoying stuff going on right now doesn't come close to outweighing all the fabulousness I have in my life.  So I brought my boys home, cuddled with a feverish Aaron a while, played with the little boy a while, and then hugged Kevin, who came home early from a trip. 

We proceeded to have a good weekend.  The big boy's fever went away, and although I'm still not feeling great, we had lots of time to play outside.  It was opening day for little league, so we had the happy sounds of little boys playing baseball in our back yard.  I love that.  I also love all the gorgeous flowers that are blooming right now.  All the neighbors were out in their yards, mowing and cleaning and chatting.  And the boys got to play.  Riding bikes, swinging on swings.  Dinner on the grill.  Oh, and a visit from some family.  Happy days. 

Hope you all had a lovely weekend too!

The big boy doesn't eat when he's sick.  So I made him happy and gave him some ice cream.  He loves it maybe as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...