I thought I'd do another Fill-in-the-blank Friday. This one appeals to me, because it's focused on music, but it's also really really hard. I always have a hard time when people ask me my favorite anything, but especially music. But I'll give it a shot.
1. One song that always takes me back to my youth is "Save a Prayer" by Duran Duran. I could name a bunch more - Madonna, Michael Jackson, The Bangles, Pat Benatar and on and on...but Duran Duran was a pure deep love .
2. My first concert ever was Cinderella and Whitesnake - yes, I went through a big-hair arena rock phase. It was junior high. Don't judge .
3. If I could create my dream music festival I'd want these bands to be there: Right now I'd say...Pearl Jam, Patty Griffin, Muse, The Black Keys, Ben Harper, Crooked Still, Dave Matthews Band, Susan Tedeschi, Wilco, Neko Case, Ryan Adams, Alison Krauss (Okay, so it's a bit eclectic, but these are the great performers that came to mind.) .
4. The best make-out/"boot knocking" song ever is Wow. This is a really hard one. I'm not really a music in the bedroom kind of girl either. I think perhaps I'll go with a little Frank (Sinatra, that is). And then something more chill, like Azure Ray, or perhaps something without lyrics .
5. The best concert I've ever been to was Oh this is too hard too! Can't pick just one. Can't. I loved seeing Dave Matthews Band perform at a frat party before they hit it big. Susan Tedeschi is fabulous. Sitting outside with a beer watching Pearl Jam was pretty fabulous too. I loved going to clubs and watching bands. K's Choice comes to mind. Juliana Hatfield. I'm sorry. Don't make me choose .
6. A memorable musical moment for me was Singing around a campfire with my family. I have a large extended family with some very talented guitar players and lots of great singers. Some of my best childhood memories are from our family reunions, and singing around the campfire was a highlight every time .
7. The song on my iPod that's getting the most play these days is "Devil's Spoke" by Laura Marling. Fabulous recent discovery.