March 26, 2010

Five Senses Friday


I haven't done one of these in a while, and I miss them. They are a fun way of reflecting on the week.

See
- Daffodils starting to bloom, and tulips peeking out of the ground
- Pink tulips on my dining room table. I couldn't wait for the ones in my yard to bloom, so I had to buy some to pretty up the house.
- Sun! So great to be able to play outside after the week of torrential rain we had. A and I went out to blow some bubbles, and slide, and kick balls, and ride bikes...

Hear
- Geese honking as they fly over us
- A and N giggling at each other. Probably the best sound in the world.
- A singing "M.T.A" out loud in the car. He makes up half the words, and it's fabulous.

Taste
- Asparagus - The really fresh stuff isn't quite here, but it's getting closer. We'll probably have asparagus every week for the next month or so. And A has decided it's "not bad"!
- Homemade blueberry muffins
- B&J's New York Super Fudge Chunk. A classic.

Smell
- Strawberry toothpaste. After many taste tests, it has been determined that they simply do not make a mint-flavored toothpaste that is gentle enough for kids. So, strawberry it is.
- Capri Blue jar candle from Anthropologie. A splurge to myself, because I decided I deserved to have a nice-smelling home, and I can't bake all the time.

Touch
- A kiss good-bye from K as he heads to work
- Soft, warm cheeks of my boys
- Cool, clean sheets at the end of the day

2 comments:

  1. what a wonderful idea! great way to slow down for a moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sweet! I want to start a five senses friday reflection. Love the daffodils and your adorable family. XO Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...