April 2, 2008

Tift Merritt

I have a soft place in my heart for girls with guitars. They inspire me to make music. I love listening to their words and singing out loud with them. (I love a lot of boys with guitars, too, but I can't sing with them in quite the same way.) One of those girls is Tift Merritt. I just got her latest CD, Another Country, for my birthday, and I've spent the last week replaying it over and over in my car. It's been my "sing on the way to work" music, and I've enjoyed starting my days that way. I will admit that her previous album, Tambourine, will probably always be my favorite, but I love this one too.

My favorite song on the CD is #7, entitled "I Know What I'm Looking For Now". I particularly like this verse:

Everyone’s looking, they’re not sure at what,
Holding onto illusions like it’s all that they got,
Putting a mystery where a mystery is not,
Can you tell me why?
When you can light up a stranger just passing by,
Start revolutions with the glint in your eye,
Sing Hallelujah with a breath or a sigh
And still know the way home.
I know what I’m looking for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...