April 29, 2008

Juno, Little Miss Sunshine

Don't you hate it when you want to see a movie and everyone keeps telling you how good it is? Even worse, when they keep quoting lines at you, or telling you the funny parts? I hate this! Especially now, since going to the theater very often is a thing of the past, I am often the last one to see a movie, which means I have to hear everyone's opinion first. On the positive side, this has kept me from seeing movies I might've seen based on the previews, but after hearing all the bad opinions, I didn't waste my time. I do my best to block it out, though. I like going into movies with no expectations - I sit back and let them entertain me.


To that end, I won't go into details on these two movies. We just watched Juno last weekend, and let's just say I highly recommend it. (As an aside, I think I would be friends with Jennifer Garner and Jason Bateman if I knew them. He always cracks me up - I can't see him any more without thinking of his character on "Dodgeball". And she just seems like a really nice and down-to-earth person. Of course, I'm basing this on talk-show and magazine interviews, but still.)

On Amazon, they grouped Juno with Little Miss Sunshine, and I was reminded of how much I liked that movie. Made me almost get out of my seat with laughter at the end. But don't think about that when you see the movie. Just sit back and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous30.4.08

    i assumed Juno was directed by the same guy that directed Knocked Up because it's about an unexpected pregnancy, and Michael Cera stars as Juno's boyfriend (he was one of the goofy kids from Superbad, a close relative of Knocked Up), but it turns out this is not the case

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...