May 10, 2012

The Juggling Act...

The sun did shine for a bit on Sunday afternoon.  I'm looking forward to its return.

It's been a crazy week.  Everything seems to be moving at a hectic pace, and I am simply unable to keep up.  Work is incredibly stressful at the moment, and as I've mentioned, my house is a complete disaster.  I have no kitchen, and as the walls come down, of course surprises are found and decisions must be made.  We're using a lot of paper plates (my apologies to Mother Earth), and I'm washing our real dishes in the upstairs bathroom sink. 

The kids are great, but they are 2 and 5; so while they're completely awesome, they still require a great deal of my energy.  I find myself rushing around all day, tending to whatever I can, and at the end of the day, I fret about all the items I neglected to get done.  Oh, and the rain!  Have I mentioned the rain?  May sunshine came in April, so I guess we're catching up on the April rains now. 

Instead of thinking of all the things I didn't get done, I know I should focus on all I did get done.  The fact that my bed is made and that we all have clean clothes is an accomplishment!  I did get that door order in (a day late, but still...), and I even took 20 minutes to exercise yesterday.  (I'm sore today, which is pitiful.)  So far I've even managed to come up with dinners without a kitchen.  Work goes on, and I do what I can.  That's a lot. 

While I'm doing my best to keep up the juggle, I will look forward to: 
  • sunny days
  • more lilacs on my dining room table
  • fast progress on the house
  • starting the countdown at work (end of July!)
  • celebrations with family and friends
  • my little boy's 3rd birthday (!)
  • stolen quiet moments
  • Sangria Saturdays

3 comments:

  1. Mary it sounds like you are doing an awesome job (I felt a little drained just reading your post!). I'm not a great cook but even I can't imagine the nightmare of living without a kitchen for an extended period of time! Just keep focussing on all that you *are* getting accomplished - it sounds like an awful lot in the circumstances :) Will keep my fingers crossed for sunny weather for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait wait wait...you make your bed? go you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have so much on your plate - but it sounds like you're doing a stellar job keeping all the balls in the air. I hope you're having a wonderful Mother's Day. Best, Annie x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...