May 8, 2012

Menu of the Week



This was my last weekend with a kitchen.  They are gutting my kitchen today, so I will be without a stove/oven/sink for the next few months.  Holy hell this is going to be hard.  In preparation, I decided that everything I made for dinner for the week leading up to the demo should make good use of the stove.  These are meals we won't be able to enjoy quite as easily for a while.  I also baked some brownies, just because. 

I'll post another "menu of the week" a few weeks down the road, so you can see how I'm managing to feed my family without a kitchen.  If any of you have good recipes that require only the use of a grill and/or microwave, please do pass them along. 

Vegetable Enchiladas, Yellow Rice
The boys still weren't fans of this.  As a result, I don't think I'll be making enchiladas again for a while.  Kevin and I enjoyed it, though, and I do love being able to pull a homemade meal out of the freezer.

Roasted Chicken with Potatoes, Onions, and Mushrooms, Asparagus
Always a favorite, and it makes the house smell so good.

Pesto Orecchiette with Chicken Sausage, Salad
This one was ridiculously easy and well-liked by everyone.  Success!  With a burner on the grill, I could actually make this type of meal this summer too. 

Thai Vegetable Curry, Brown Rice
I used this recipe as an outline, but curry is one of those things that you make up based on what you have available.  I had green curry, and bottled ginger, and the veggies I used were carrots, green beans, button mushrooms, and zucchini.  I also decreased the broth quite a bit and served it with brown rice.  I made it pretty mild in an effort to get my kids to try it - Nathan wouldn't, but Aaron liked the sauce and ate a ton of mushrooms with his rice and leftover chicken.  I loved it, and I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch.

2 comments:

  1. Yum these look and sound delicious - I think I will try the pesto one tomorrow. Crikey not having a kitchen for a few months - hard to imagine - but well worth it in the long run. Have a wonderful day, Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear how you survive without a kitchen. I feel bad for you! But at least you have a pay off in the end. :]

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...