May 29, 2012

Weekend Recap


Highlights from the weekend:
*Trip to the farmer's market.  I love asparagus season.
*Lots of playing outside.  Little boys squealing on their scooters, playing with water, practicing hitting baseballs.
*Visit to Grandma's house, and an evening out for me and Kevin.  We attended a friend's wedding, which was held outside on a gorgeous (hot, but gorgeous) day at the spot pictured above.  It was a beautiful event and a fun party.  I love that I married a man who isn't afraid to dance.
*Grilling.  Of course.  I prepared two meals at once in order to prepare for the week.  
*Getting stuff done.  Ordering lights and a sink and a towel bar and...  

Goals for the week:
1.  Make some summer plans.  Summer has begun, and our calendar needs more fun packed in.  I don't want to get to the end of the summer and have nothing but construction to look back on.
2.  Make anniversary plans.  My husband was in San Francisco for work last week, and it inspired him to suggest that we spend our tenth anniversary there.  It is the city where we began dating and fell in love.  It is a genius idea, so I'm off to make it happen.
3.  Buy presents.  We've been to a couple weddings so far this year, and we're behind on the gift-giving.  
4.  Take some more pictures of the work-in-progress that is our house.  I was getting frustrated that progress has slowed down a bit, but it's still important to celebrate each step.  We have windows!
5.  Fold laundry.  I have four clean loads piled up and spilling over everywhere.  Something must be done.


2 comments:

  1. our farmers market was closed this weekend due to a memorial day carnival. boo! san francisco! did you live there? It's one of my favorite cities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hollie - Kevin lived in San Francisco, and I traveled out there for work for several months. Then we maintained a long-distance relationship for a year before he moved to Boston to be with me. Kevin had the best corporate apartment - right on Lombard Street in a really cool area. We both adore that city, and it will be fun to go back!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...