February 1, 2012

Little Helpers, Sunsets, and Clean Kitchens



1.  Spending time one-on-one with each of my boys is so much fun.  On Sunday, I got to spend the day with my little guy, Nathan.  We had a full day.  Scooters, play-doh, puzzles...  He helped me make pumpkin-cranberry muffins.  Usually his older brother is my helper, but Nathan loved getting a chance to participate.  He very carefully measured everything, stirred, poured, and put muffin liners in.  He was so proud at the results.  

2.  When we got home at the end of the day, we could see the sun dipping down over the river, turning the sky a dark orange.  We watched for several minutes while it then turned pink.  We got cold and ran inside, but then we watched it turn purple.  

3.  A clean kitchen.  After working on it for years, I've finally come to appreciate some of my daily chores, including washing dishes and cleaning the counters after dinner.  I think I will appreciate it even more in my new kitchen, but even now I can appreciate the feeling of satisfaction that comes with ending the day with things in their proper place.  



2 comments:

  1. I believe there is almost nothing better than having a clean kitchen after a long day. Sad but true

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love remembering the time I spent one-on-one with my boys who are now almost men. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...