June 13, 2011

Weekend and Goals


From highs of 97 degrees to 57 degrees, all in the same week.  This is Spring in New England.  This weekend was chilly and rainy, but we made the best of it. 

Highlights from the weekend:
1.  The rain paused for a bit on Saturday morning, so I was able to get the boys outside.  They were doing a good job of avoiding the puddles, but I could tell they really wanted to jump in.  Especially my little guy.  I finally let go and said, "Alright guys, go for it."  They looked at me like I was crazy for a split second but then ran through the nearest puddle before I had a chance to change my mind.  They had a blast jumping and splashing and getting disgusting.  Needless to say, a bath was in order when we went inside.
2.  After the bath, the little guy wanted to put on his pajamas.  No matter that it was eleven o'clock in the morning.  That's the routine he's used to - bathtime is followed by pajamas.  So he wore pjs the rest of the day.
3.  I decided to read a chapter book with my big guy for the first time.  We started Charlotte's Web, and we're both loving it. 
4.  Brunch with friends on Sunday morning.  Yummy pancakes and fruit and mimosas.  They have two little boys too, so it was a house full of running and giggling and playing and sometimes not sharing and other times sharing really well.  It was great to see them. 
5.  I actually enjoy an occasional cool and dreary Sunday afternoon.  It's a good excuse to cook and prepare for the week.  My big boy painted at the kitchen table while I baked a cranberry-nut bread and prepped for the next few dinners. 
6.  Oh how could I forget!?  I also splurged on a pedicure.  I brought my book to the spa and enjoyed a blissful hour all to myself.  More proof that I really am trying to take care of me

Goals for the week:
1.  Check some things off the to-do list.  I've had this feeling in my gut for about a week, like I'm forgetting something or behind on something.  I'm not sure I am, but I know that getting ahead of my list will make me feel better.
2.  Get excited for next weekend (strawberry-picking!) and the weekend after that (trip to the lake!) and the weekend after that (little guy's b-day and best friends coming to visit!)....there is so much good stuff to look forward to.
3.  Look people in the eyes when I talk to them.  I notice that I often don't look up at the people behind the counter when I'm paying for something. 
4.  Keep the TV off.  The boys have spent the last few weeks without it, and now that my DVR is empty, I think I could take some time off as well.  I have another good book, and maybe I'll manage to get a bit more sleep. 
5.  Drink more water. 

1 comment:

  1. The puddle jumping looks like fun! I need to let loose & let my girls jump in some too!!

    Your goals are wonderful... I really need to work on the tv thing too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...