June 6, 2011

Weekend and Goals




Ah, Summer.  My mood is greatly improved by the sun.  We didn't have any real plans this weekend, so we spent much of it puttering around the yard.  I spent a good amount of time weeding and working in the yard on Saturday, and I also cleared out more stuff from the house.  Where does it all come from?  I mostly relaxed on Sunday, playing with the boys and enjoying the perfect weather.  I hope yours was great as well.

Highlights from the weekend:
1.  The farmer's market continues to grow.  This week we came home with arugula, spinach, cherry tomatoes, granola, basil, and ground beef (the cow lived a happy life, eating grass on a farm only a few miles away).
2.  I did a better job of letting go and relaxing - perhaps because I had more time to do so.  I got a lot of work done, and it was therefore easier to allow myself some time to rest.  I spent an hour on Sunday afternoon reading in the sun.  The tops of my thighs are pink, and I have a few extra freckles on my nose. 
3.  Saturday evening resulted in another impromptu cocktail hour with the neighbors.  Enjoying a beer and good conversation while by the boys played.
4.  I watched "Blue Valentine".  It's very sad, but it's an incredibly good movie.  Ryan Gosling and Michelle Williams are amazing.
5.  Really good food, mostly cooked on the grill.  I'll share some details in a separate post. 

Goals for this week:
1.  Eat less sugar.  After reading this article, I am increasingly aware of how much sugar we eat.  I don't plan on giving up ice cream or sangria any time soon, and I think we do pretty well in general; but I'm wondering if there are ways to cut down the added sugar in other items we eat.  I was surprised by the facts about high-fructose corn syrup as compared to sugar in particular. 
2.  Wake up early to do some yoga before work.  It's such a nice way to start the day.
3.  Finish my book.  So I can tell you about it. 
4.  Get some big things done at work.  I have a milestone coming up in my current project, and I'd like to complete it and move on to the next phase as organized as possible. 
5.  Smile more. 

*All photos taken by my iPhone using Instagram, my new favorite iPhone app!


 

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good weekend! Farmers markets are one of my favorite parts of the weekend too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...