August 18, 2009

Raising Foodies

*Meals like this help me forget about the nights when he eats potato chips for a snack and skips dinner.

Aaron has entered the somewhat picky toddler years, but he's pretty good about trying new things. I just want him to try things. If he doesn't like it, he doesn't have to eat it. I am usually not surprised by the things that are spit back out - asparagus, green beans, etc - but I have been surprised by some of the foods that he ends up liking. For example, we tried a few new things last week, including mussels and lobster. Aaron showed no hesitation in popping a mussel into his mouth, and then declared, "Mm, that's yummy Mommy!", and then grabbed some more. I love it when that happens. Other successes during the week include lobster, sweet potatoes, and swordfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...