May 20, 2008

Pantry

I made a resolution to spend 15 minutes once a week organizing some small part of the house. I think if I post it here, knowing I have to write about it will force me to do it. Last night, I realized the weekend was coming to an end, and I hadn't done my organizing. So while dinner was in the oven, I decided to tidy up the pantry. (*I wish I actually had a pantry! What I have is a cabinet with a few shelves for food.)

I took a few minutes to straighten up the food and take stock of what we have in there. I put like items together - all the pastas together, soups and other canned goods on a separate shelf, etc. I turned everything so the labels were facing out so that it's easier to find things. And I took several items out that I know we'll never use (why in the world do I have a can of beets?), and added an item to my to-do list to drop off a bag at the local food bank.

By the time our dinner was ready, that cabinet looked so much better, and I now know that I don't need to buy diced tomatoes or bread crumbs for a while. Maybe tomorrow night I'll tackle the fridge...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...