May 12, 2008

Organizing Project: Just One Drawer

I am making a new resolution to eliminate more clutter from my home. Especially having a one-year old, it seems like the amount of stuff we have only continues to increase and become less organized. I took 5 minutes this weekend to clean out my drawer in our bathroom vanity, and it felt so good! Starting now, I vow to take 15 minutes every week to declutter some little part of the house.

Here's what I did: I took everything out of the drawer, gave away or threw away the stuff I didn't use, and then put everything back in an orderly fashion. Easy! And since this is a drawer I use every day - I start my day in this drawer - it feels particularly good to have it clean and organized. It also motivated me to do more - I cleaned out the rest of the vanity the next day.

Organizing can feel so overwhelming sometimes, and I think that's why we tend to ignore things for so long. But if you choose just one small thing - one corner of a room, one side of a closet, one drawer - it won't take long, it will feel good, and it will motivate you to do more. I promise.

*Note: This isn't a picture of my bathroom vanity, but mine is now just as clean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...