December 14, 2012

Six!


Wow, the years do fly by.  My baby is six!  A few things about my gorgeous boy:

1.  His favorite colors are red, orange, and yellow.
2.  He loves a variety of foods, but his favorite may be seafood.  When I asked him what he'd like for his birthday dinner, he requested lemon spaghetti and mussels.  Okay then.  So that's what's for dinner tonight!
3.  He likes having double-breakfast.  Cereal and pancakes.  Pancakes and oatmeal.  Oatmeal and toast.  Almost always carbs, but yes double it please.
4.  His favorite TV show is Cyberchase.
5.  He has a lot of clothes but pretty much rotates three outfits.  Jeans plus his favorite t-shirts.  He is very particular about what he wears.
6.  He is reading everything he can get his hands on and doing well in school.  He's having fun, which to me is the most important thing.  His favorite part of school is Art.
7.  His favorite music this year included First Aid Kit, Alabama Shakes, and Of Monsters and Men.  The Black Keys are still #1, though.  
8.  His favorite things to draw are rainbows, space shuttles, stars, hearts, and houses.  And patterns.  Loves to make colorful patterns.
9.  He continues to ask penetrating questions.  More and more, I'm breaking out the iPad to look up answers.  He is starting to teach me as well, coming home from school with interesting facts.  Did you know the song Jingle Bells was actually written for Thanksgiving?
10.  He is an awesome big brother.  
11.  He wants to be a construction worker, baseball player, and musician (drummer) when he grows up.

Happy Birthday, sweet boy.  I love you like crazy.

1 comment:

  1. This is the sweetest! I can relate having a six year old boy myself. Lucky mama...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...