December 7, 2012

My Favorite Music of 2012


I looked back through the music that I listened to this year, and these twenty floated to the top.  I was excited to get to see several live shows this year, including the highlight of the summer - the Newport Folk Festival.  First Aid Kit will always bring me back to Summer 2012.

My boys are still hanging on to lots of 2011 albums, including The Black Keys and Foster the People; but they've found some new favorites this year as well.  "Emmylou" by First Aid Kit, might be both their favorite song of the year as well as mine.   Other songs they love include "Ho, Hey" by the Lumineers, "Little Talks" by Of Monsters and Men, "Hang Loose" by Alabama Shakes, and "I Will Wait" by Mumford & Sons.

First Aid Kit - The Lion's Roar
Good Old War - Come Back As Rain
Alabama Shakes - Boys & Girls
Of Monsters and Men - My Head Is an Animal
The Lumineers - The Lumineers

Trampled by Turtles - Stars and Satellites
The Avett Brothers - The Carpenter
Shovels and Rope - O' Be Joyful
Tift Merritt - Traveling Alone
Sera Cahoone - Deer Creek Canyon

Jack White - Blunderbuss
Mumford & Sons - Babel
Milo Greene - Milo Greene
Divine Fits - A Thing Called Divine Fits
Ivan & Alyosha - All The Times We Had

Dr. Dog - Be The Void
Delta Spirit - Delta Spirit
Kathleen Edwards - Voyageur
Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Here
Band of Horses - Mirage Rock

What were your favorites this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...