September 10, 2012

New Beginnings and Nesting...

I feel so removed from my blogging routine that I find it difficult to know how to jump back in.  But I guess the best place to start is just to share what's been on my mind.  Starting is the hardest part.  So here goes...

The boys have both started at their new schools.  Today was the first day for the little guy, and he faced it in his typical fearless fashion.  Once he met his teachers and assessed the new space, he was good to go.  He gave me a hug, told me to have a good morning, and said good-bye.  My kindergartener is settled into his new school now as well, and I feel like I can exhale again.  Changes can be difficult, but they do reveal so much of our character.  I'm thrilled that I get to be here to spend more time with the boys as they are going through these new beginnings.  
photo by Alicia Bock

Meanwhile, I am enjoying what feels like my first few moments of quiet in a long time.  I remain focused on turning this house into a home.  Our donations boxes are overflowing, as I pare down during the unpacking process.  I want simple, clean, neat, organized.  Only keeping the things we really love and use.  No, the work is not yet complete, but I will share more pictures this week - I just can't wait any longer!

I'm also looking forward to the upcoming season.  September is my favorite month, and I am always determined to fully appreciate the beauty of this time of year.  The mornings and evenings are getting cooler, we are enjoying the early apple harvest, and I feel the days getting slightly shorter with every sunset.  I am confident that the house work will one day be done and that we will all be able to get into our groove.  I'm looking forward to it all...

The new guest bedroom/playroom

2 comments:

  1. hey - I'm glad you're back! I hope you enjoy your alone time. I already miss mine a little tiny bit, since E & I are going to school at the same time now. We're also starting to feel the seasons changing and I couldn't be happier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely update. love seeing you blogging. keep it up. your fans love you. enjoy the mary time. much deserved.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...