September 26, 2012

San Francisco

golden gate at sunset

Kevin and I had a fun weekend in San Francisco.  We mostly walked, and ate, and walked some more. It was a stroll down memory lane, as we passed by his old apartment, ate lunch at our favorite pizza place, and reminisced about that year when we first began dating.

I do love that city.  I had forgotten how much.  I love the adventure, the excitement of exploring a place for the first time; but it is a different kind of fun to revisit somewhere you already know you love.  It's relaxed.  We didn't feel like we had to do anything touristy or see any particular sights - we had already done them.  Instead, we just enjoyed the time together, away from home and the kids.  A perfect way to celebrate thirteen years together (ten of those married!).  

lombard street

Kevin's old neighborhood - North Beach


a spooky, foggy view of alcatraz

an awesome place to see a game

2 comments:

  1. Oh I miss San Francisco! Such a wonderful place. Glad you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys got a chance to getaway. I bet it was marvelous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...