April 1, 2011

Indie Artist Covers - The Civil Wars, Billie Jean


I thought I'd post something a little different this week.  I saw a fun list on Paste Magazine - 30 Fun Indie Artist Covers of Pop Tunes.  It contains a really fun selection of videos.  Ingrid Michaelson and Travis almost make me appreciate Britney Spears songs.  She & Him perform a lovely version of You Really Got a Hold on Me.  Obadiah Parker makes Outkast's Hey Ya sound like an original folk song.  And there are more great ones, including Lissie, My Morning Jacket, Laura Jansen, and others.  Take a few minutes and check them out.  You'd be amazed how great artists can turn an existing song and make it their own.  At the very least, give a listen to The Civil Wars, above, performing Billie Jean.  It'll make you smile.
Photo of Lissie via earsucker

1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun post and I'm glad to see what these two look like in real life. Not what I pictured! As usual. Did make me smile :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...