January 19, 2011

Weekend Recap

 My boys...watching the snow plows together.
It's funny how I miss my blog when I am away from it for a few days.  We had a nice long weekend, away from home, and I'm still trying to get caught up.  Wouldn't life be so much better if every week had a three-day weekend?  It certainly seems like it would be easier to balance.  I guess I'll take the ones I can get.

We went to New York this weekend to visit some very good friends.  They are the kind of friends that are so easy to be with.  We have a lot in common, and we're in the same stage of life, so we connect and understand each other perfectly.  They also have two little kids, and they are all starting to get to the age where they can go play on their own a bit.  That is very fun to watch, and it's also a nice break.  My boys had a blast taking a trip and playing in a new environment.  We took them all out sledding, but mostly spent the days playing and relaxing inside. 

Yesterday brought us more snow and then rain on top of that - bleh!  Rain!  I'll take more snow over rain any day.  So the place is a big slushy mess at the moment, and suddenly everyone is grumpy and done with Winter.  It seems to happen like that each year - one ugly storm sends everybody over the edge.  I can usually hold out until later in February before it starts getting to me.  We'll see how I do this year, but I'm hanging in there so far.   I see lots of people dreaming of flowers in blogland, so I know a lot of you out there are already wishing for Spring.  I'm going to try to appreciate all things Winter first.  More sledding!  More forts!  Snowmen!  I can try, anyway.

2 comments:

  1. great photos, great post. your blog fans miss you when you take a break. your boys are so super cute. esp when they both wear stripes! your weekend sounds fab and your friends sound lovely. i know just what you mean when you describe what kind of friends they are. awesome. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had an amazing time and those photos are so adorable:) Your boys are so cute! Happy day, my dear

    Ps: I am hosting a natural cosmetics GIVEAWAY today! Hope you’ll join in :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...