January 6, 2009

Chunky Vegetarian Chili

*Image from www.cookinglight.com


This Chunky Vegetarian Chili may be my new favorite chili. I've posted my standard go-to chili recipe (the easiest chili recipe ever!), and it's still very good, but seriously, I think this vegetarian version is just as easy and even tops it in taste.

The tablespoon of brown sugar gives it just a little bit of sweetness that blends so well with the usual chili spices. It still mostly uses pantry items - just need a couple peppers and onions. And it doesn't take long to make. Once you get it simmering in the pot, you have just enough time to tidy up and throw in a batch of corn bread.

Oh, and a bonus for all the moms out there: My son adores this chili! We ate it a couple nights ago, and he kept saying "Mmm! Nummy beans!"

This is now permanently in our dinner rotation. You should seriously think about adding it to yours.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous6.1.09

    This is my attempt at posting a comment. I hope it lets me. I just wanted to say that what we love to have with chile is beer bread and I think you might be the type that would like it. Elinor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Hi Elinor! I am glad you are able to comment - it's great to hear from you. I've only had beer bread once, but I liked it - do you have a recipe you typically use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm trying this tonight. thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment. I really love hearing from the people who read this little blog of mine. Thanks for stopping by!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...